I realized the other night that it’s been a long time since I’ve posted something more general and personal, which is really the consequence of using Twitter quite heavily. If you follow me on Twitter, you likely know many of these things, but I figure I’ll put them here as well since not everyone is on the bandwagon quite yet. I’ll also try to include some blog exclusives.
- In case you missed it earlier this week, I had the pleasure of being a guest on the People You Don’t Know podcast, where Eugene Ahn interviews, well, people he doesn’t know. He isn’t a total stranger, as he’s been a reader/commenter for a while now, but it was still an honour to be a guest, and the interview offers some insights into the blog that go beyond the “About” page. So check that out over at his site, as the podcast (far beyond my involvement) offers some very broad and fascinating insights – there’s even a back episode featuring friend of the blog and /Filmcast co-host Devindra Hardawar, so there’s plenty of interesting stuff going on.
Summer Backlog Updates
- The “Summering in Deadwood” series is not dead, but rather I’ve delayed in starting the second season in earnest. As it was I had to commit more time to a research project and to my other duties, so my thoughts on the two-part premiere remain unfinished and to be completed at a later date.I
- It also doesn’t help that I arrived home to newly ordered Sports Night DVDs, in order to catch up with Alan Sepinwall’s reviews of the series that he’s doing this summer. I’m about 2/3 of the way through the first season, and am really enjoying it, so I’ll probably drop some thoughts on this in a blog post once I complete the first season (and when I likely take a break before digging into season two).
Summer T.V. Updates
- In case anyone was curious, as I know I’ve gotten a few questions on the subject, I won’t be keeping up with True Blood Season 2. Not only am I not caught up (watched the pilot back in the day, was fairly nonplussed, never kept going), but I don’t particularly know if I want to catch up – the show just isn’t capturing me, and while there are some critics who are big supporters there are others who are quite dismissive and I don’t quite have the time to properly wade into that discussion at this time. If the Season Season represents a major turnaround, and if enough readers request it, it might be something to consider for the fall leading into a likely Season Three.
- Otherwise, I’m currently watching Weeds and Nurse Jackie on Mondays, Burn Notice and Royal Pains on Thursdays, and So You Think You Can Dance on Wednesdays. I don’t know if people are really looking for SYTYCD posts, but I might keep doing them for a few weeks since I don’t have anything else mid-week otherwise. Upcoming shows of interest include HBO’s Hung, as well as the return of Better Off Ted on June 23rd (so there’s a Tuesday show, at least).
- I’ll also likely keep doing some Chuck Me Mondays posts, since I’m enjoying revisiting the show’s first season and I actually reviewed quite a lot of the upcoming episodes and can refer back to them for some more material.
- Considering all of this, anything you want more of? A show you think I should blog and catchup on? A summer show I am unfairly refusing to watch? Leave a comment below, either way.