Well, ABC’s schedule is official, and there’s not much in the way of changes for the network. In fact, to be honest, the schedule is downright boring.
Reminder: Cultural Learnings’ ABC Fall Preview Schedule
– Private Practice, the Grey’s Anatomy Spinoff, will be slotting in at 9pm on Wednesdays, the spot currently occupied by underperforming comedies. It will be sandwiched by two new shows: Bryan Fuller’s Pushing Daisies and Greg Berlanti’s Dirty Sexy Money. This means three new shows in a single night, which is a departure from the stability found in Lost (Which is now officially held back until February).
– Thursday’s only change is that Big Shots, a male-themed CEO drama, is inheriting the post-Grey’s spot. Why, exactly, this show has the spot over the female-themed Cashmere Mafia (Held until midseason) I don’t really know. I guess because Dylan McDermott and Michael Vartan bring sex appeal? Seems to be the only logic I can think of.
– Dancing with the Stars goes to an hour and a half full time on Mondays as Sam I Am, the Christina Applegate amnesia comedy, fills in between the reality show and The Bachelor at 10. The network’s other two comedies, Cavemen and Carpoolers, fit in at 8pm on Tuesday (Where no other comedies are, good choice), but then lead into an hour-long Dancing with the Stars results show. ABC, the show doesn’t deserve that much of your schedule, cut it to a half hour and slot in another comedy.
– The other new show, Women’s Murder Club, leads out of Men in Trees on Fridays as the latter moves to the opening slot at 8pm. It’s a tough one, against Ghost Whisperer, and we’ll see what momentum the show has after a shortened first season.
– Meanwhile, Notes from the Underbelly and October Road will be headed for midseason.
For the full schedule (It’s really this boring, I swear!), continue on.
8pm – Dancing with the Stars
9:30pm – Sam I Am [New Show]
10pm – The Bachelor
8pm – Cavemen [New Show]
8:30pm – Carpoolers [New Show]
9pm – Dancing with the Stars: Results
10pm – Boston Legal
8pm – Pushing Daisies [New Show]
9pm – Private Practice [New Show]
10pm – Dirty Sexy Money [New Show]
8pm – Ugly Betty
9pm – Grey’s Anatomy
10pm – Big Shots [New Show]
8pm – Men in Trees
9pm – Women’s Murder Club [New Show]
10pm – 20/20
7pm – America’s Funniest Home Videos
8pm – Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9pm – Desperate Housewives
10pm – Brothers & Sisters
One response to “Network Upfronts Extravaganza: ‘ABC’ Fall Schedule 2007/2008”
The only thing I ever watch on ABC is LOST tho I often had to tape it because it came on so late. Why is ABC shooting itself in the foot again? Looks like they have LOST another housefull of fans, at least until Feb.